Spinach gomaae is a traditional Japanese side dish served at room temperature, making it perfect for a bento box. To reduce the original points per serving, I have substituted a stevia blend for sugar, and PB2 powder for ground sesame seeds. The result is a delicious 2-point side dish.
Points Per Serving: 2
- 1 Tbsp. mirin (sweet rice cooking wine)
- 1 cup spinach, cooked
- 1/4 tsp. Truvia stevia blend (adjust your own brand of sweetener based on 1 Tbsp. regular sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Combine and thoroughly mix all ingredients except spinach.
- Pour the mixture onto spinach and distribute evenly.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3 days (it might last longer, but I’ve always finished it before then). Best served cold or at room temperature.